Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome Back!!!

Ahh, the new school year has begun! Today was the first day of classes. I only had two---Economics at 7:45AM and Computer Science at 3:20PM. I had quite a big break between them! I plan to use that time to do laundry and other things when I get busier. It will be good because the laundry room gets really busy on the weekends, so I'm hoping it won't be as busy on Tuesdays.

I have quite a few books for all my classes. UW-L has a textbook rental where students can rent the textbooks they need for their classes. Some materials need to be purchased such as lab manuals. I have to buy two lab manuals this semester---one for anatomy and physiology and one for chemistry.

There have been so many activities going on this past weekend as well as this week! A few of the events that I have gone to so far are a carnival on campus, all-night movies under the stars, and a tour of my residence hall. Every residence hall has activities planned specifically for the students in that hall and there are also activities for the whole campus! For example in the residence hall where I live, we are having a Sundae hunt tonight! We get ice cream in the lobby and have to make our way around the hall to find the toppings that we want. I'm gettin hungry just thinking about it!

There is a student committee that plans these activities as part of Welcome Week each year. All the activities are a lot of fun! I know I really enjoyed it last year as a freshman because going to several different activities at the beginning of the year allowed me to meet a lot of new people and make great friends! When you get involved and meet new people, it really makes La Crosse and UW-L feel almost like a second home. That's why I love it here so much!