Sunday, May 6, 2007

Winding Down...

The year is winding down, but there is still a lot to do. Classes officially ended for the spring semester on Friday. Friday was also loft return day. We had to take down our bed lofts and return them. It was a job in itself carrying the pieces down the stairs and half-way across campus. Oddly enough, it was kind of funny because all of our friends were doing it together.
On Saturday, I worked on a paper for my honors class called Gender, Power, and Privilege. The class was really interesting and it opened my eyes to a lot of things that I had not considered before. It was a very good experience overall and it really made me think about things. After finishing my paper, I went to a concert for the UW-L Gospel Choir in Valhalla in Cartwright Center. It was sooo GOOD!!! One of my friends who is graduating is in the choir and I went to watch her. Then, I came back to Coate Hall for Coate Bash. It was like an end of the year celebration before everyone gets too overwhelmed with finals. There was live music, inflatable games, sand volleyball (each hall has a sand volleyball court for students to use!), a grill out, raffles, and prizes. It was a really FUN time!!
Today, I am going to enjoy which is probably going to be my last day of semi-relaxation before I start getting consumed in studying for finals. Only a week left and then I will be going home!